View Single Post
      03-25-2021, 08:32 AM   #57
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Yep, that's crazy. I'm telling you though, Seattle has gotten ridiculously expensive over the years and will continue to do so.
A tide raises all ships, right? We'd be F'd an unable to do this if it wasnt for our existing home increasing in value by nearly 250% since we bought it 10 years ago.

My wife keeps a dozen or so houses saved to her favorites on Redfin so we can watch how the final sale price aligns with the asking price. There's one in particular that we were kinda kicking ourselves for not making an offer on. Beautiful 1960 mid century modern on a killer lot. Great location. Mostly updated but the floor plan was kinda wacky with no actual "master" bedroom or bath. Just 1 room that was slightly larger than the others and no attached bath. My wife didnt like the kitchen re-do. No garage. Basement could have been converted to a shop but was totally finished so kinda sad to rip out perfectly good carpet and stuff just to stuff in a woodworking shop. Lots of room to build a detached garage and shop though. So it was like "Yeah, we COULD make this work but we'd need to dump a few hundred grand into it to make it work for us long term." It was listed for just over $1M. It sold for $1.5M! $500k over asking! WTF. Thats was when we thought "screw this, we will build."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
When you said you were tired of living in the city I just figured you were moving far enough away to go "country". Obviously urban sprawl being what it is, you've only made it to the 'Burbs!
We want it ALL! We want to be on a quiet lot, surrounded by trees, but still want a neighborhood where we can walk the dogs and meet people. We want amenities close by but we dont want to deal with the BS in Seattle. It's honestly Seattle in particular and its asinine politics and inability to enforce the laws re drugs and other illegal activities. Our favorite park is totally overrun with tents and is no longer safe. We are just waiting for the motorhomes to show up on our street and want to GTFO before that happens. You go 1 town over, to literally any city outside Seattle, and there's an immediate improvement.
Appreciate 2
TiMSport12796.50