United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-335xiCoupe View Post
I
I've been shooting guns since I was 7, and I'm 47 now. Never had an AD either. But it could certainly happen.

One side that people usually don't think of as far as having a chambered round: Someone else grabbing your gun.
The correct and this may sound trite.-No one grabs your gun while you are alive. Its as simple as that. There are training techniques to this as I know grumpy knows.

I wish I could say I never had an AD. But I have. I would guess most people that shoot 10's of thousands of rounds do. Once you have one you will never have an other one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Again, this comes down to practice and training. Gun retention is a thing. I've had two gun grabs done on me. This is a fight for your life, still always would keep one in the chamber. If you're losing the battle then give them the gun, one piece at a time and at about 1100 FPS. Seriously there is no right answer. And the point you raise is a valid one. If you're carrying a gun with an external safety do they know how to work it? Also, if you're carrying CCW, how do they know you're carrying? I think in the situation you're describing you are actually hoping for the element of surprise.
Its obvious YOU have had training. Are you an instructor-I would guess you are. I hope some on the board learn from you.

I buy my ammo for the last 5 years at targetsportsusa.com. Free shipping, no tax and $2.80 for insurance.
If no one has an ND then that'd mean you're perfect. Even the special forces and seals I work with have had NDs. But since they were practicing the most important principle, always point in a safe direction, no harm no foul.

I think grumpy is a retired LEO.