View Single Post
      10-25-2020, 12:12 AM   #50
HereForever
Rep
Drives: Bmw X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
Life is short. You don’t get an extra life or get to rewind for a redo. You’ll be 85-90 wishing you had done things that you kept yourself from doing. I paid the most I ever paid for a car for a 911 and haven’t regretted it.

Like most of us here, I always loved Porsches, had a poster of a 930 on my bedroom wall. Never thought I’d be in a position to have any Porsche, let alone a 911. I also tried to rationalize not owning one....they are expensive, another car can do what it does etc. However, I made the mistake of starting to test drive them and renting them from https://realcar.nyc/fleet , really look at how they are put together so to speak. I am also in the Corvette forum and you read all the hate about 911s in particular and how they (corvette owners) feel they have the better car and for half the money. However, go check out the C8 section and read about all the issues (like engine failure in a couple hundred miles) they are having and the base C8 can’t even be taken on a track.

I know I sound like a fanboy, but whatever, Porsches are special vehicles, even a base Macan. I’m on my third Porsche now (all purchased CPO) and now on the verge of contemplating special ordering one exactly to my tastes. There are things about a Porsche that are almost inexplicable or hard to measure. But you see the fit and finish, how things don’t really ever rattle, how you can drive it hard and it doesn’t go into heat sink mode, etc etc. And unlike people who own other higher end cars, people who own Porsches actually put miles on compared to Ferrari, Mclaren or Lamborghini owners.

There’s a Jay Leno video he just published on the 992 Targa 4S. He kind of sums things up nicely. Porsches are overall generally special vehicles and if you love cars and driving, and have the ability to own one, even for a short while....do it. You can always sell later and get your money back or at least a great portion of it.
Totally agree with you. Porsches are quite a great rides and you should not be anxious about it if you really want that car. Give it a shot!
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00