tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
What a loser...

[pics of broadly smiling hunters sidled next to or holding dead animals they killed deleted]
It's astounding to me that hunters express such pride over killing another living creature that is nothing but a trophy to them. I also don't "get" what the point of pride is in killing these large animals. Was there ever any doubt that the hunter could not locate and kill the creature? There's no doubt that one human with a manufactured weapon can find and kill another human, so why should a less resourceful and less crafty wild animal be hard to kill, apart from just being very big and therefore it takes more shots to kill it?

My cats proudly bring "trophies" inside all the time, but they don't kill them, at least not deliberately. And if/when the thing dies, they don't hover around it with the cat equivalent of an ear-to-ear smile of pride. Moreover, they want the thing to keep living so they can keep enjoying it as a play thing.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed

Last edited by tony20009; 08-02-2015 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 0