08-02-2015, 02:53 AM   #67
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4corners View Post
No one complains when Ted Nugent does this. Hypocrisy at it's finest. All a dumb frenzy fueled by false outrage on social media. Not to mention ruined a guys life in the process.
Until you shared that fact, I wonder who knew Ted Nugent did so? I sure didn't. More importantly, when was the last time Mr. Nugent shot a game reserves "mascot?"

I am not a game hunting supporter and I don't blame the dentist who shot Cecil because when he shot him, I doubt he knew he was shooting the reserve's "mascot." I do blame the guys who flushed the beast for the dentist. It's entirely implausible to me that they were unaware the reserve had a specific lion that was highly revered and that was also an easy mark. The only questions in my mind, and they're questions for which I lack accurate answers, is (1) whether the guides knew they were drawing a lion off of "hallowed ground," (2) whether the "bush whackers" knew that the lion they flushed was Cecil and not some other one, and (3) did their client, the dentist, know he was hunting on the border of a game reserve?

Right now, I think the answers are (2) "probably" and (2&3) "I don't know."

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0