View Single Post
      12-06-2019, 11:26 AM   #135
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
Why would someone leave a firearm in an unattended vehicle is beyond me and the scary part is a lot of these vehicles are left unlocked.

I believe a firearm should never be left unattended unless its in your safe in your home. However, I would make an exception for lockable reinforced storage like metal strongbox that is bolted into the floor underneath the back seat of a truck.

Maybe because I live in Canada, I "don't get it" but if the firearm is not on your person there is no reason it should be anywhere else other than in a safe.
I think a responsible firearm owner would agree. It should be in your possession/under your control, or locked in a safe. ESPECIALLY if you have kids in the house.

Many of my fellow gun owners will say, 'I told my kids...' yeah, we all know that all kids everything that their parents say all the time, and none of them have little a-hole friends that like to get into trouble.

For the 'what good is it if its in a safe?' crowd, I have a bedside gun vault, that is quick and easy to open in the dark, and a gun vault for the vehicle too
Appreciate 1
xander_g1009.00