View Single Post
      06-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #30
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I will get a lot of hate for that post but i need to thank you for making me write it.

True. I hate you. Less than I did before though.

That is a very tough decision, and I've seen the wounds that are opened when family turns against each other - the hurt is even stronger when it is someone you didn't expect, someone you thought would be there for you if you needed it, no questions asked. Thinking about your brother here, not your mother, sounds like she was a bit of a known quantity. I don't know that they'll ever heal - least in my family they haven't yet.

But you didn't kill your dad. And I'm speaking from a pro life and very religious view - as you well know, that's who I am. Effectively, I see it as a decision to remove life support - you aren't killing that person, you are just not prolonging misery. Where I do have a problem is doctor assisted suicide - that is different - it isn't a disease that is taking the person, it is drugs. It makes me fear that society will see aging as a disease and no value in the elderly in the future - that this is a step towards something much more scary. Though I still disagree with suicide in general - I don't believe it is the answer. As hard as the disease is and the fight, I believe that if it came to me, that there was a purpose for what I was going through - that perhaps someone would be touched by it for good, that there might be a change in their lives. And to take my own life would be to take that opportunity away.

But I digress, that's not what this was about. You were there for your dad - that's what matters. Not what your uncle, brother, mother think. Even though they are still here and therefore the pain may still be fresh. Be kind to them in spite of their actions if you can - that may be the hardest thing you ever do, but it also would make the biggest difference.

Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 1
Lups11826.50