View Single Post
      08-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
issabmw
cool beans
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi

BMW F30 Spotted in Tampa, FL

Driving past the Raymond James stadium on Dale Mabry Hwy, the oncoming traffic lane was pretty empty. Along came an F10 528xi which caught my eye. Immediately following it, I saw the camo-covered F30. I had to make sure I was seeing correctly, and there it was, the F30 in its glory. I whipped the car into the middle lane and made a U-turn only to find I lost sight of them. Hauled ass some and found that they were making a right turn onto W Colombus/ W Boy Scout Blvd. I immediately got behind them which is where we took the first picture.

The car looks beyond what any pictures can display. It is worlds apart from the F10 which was right in front of it the whole time for reference. The body shape is very aggressive and the wheels fill in the wells giving the bulged wheel arches a mean look. The rear is much rounder than the F10 in a good way. Overall, it looks like the true E46 successor, a long sleek body with traditional tails and flared arches.

UPDATED LARGER Pictures:

The convoy took the ramp to the Tampa International Airport, so I immediately followed them, thinking their journey would end in time for some questions and more pictures.

Driving through the airport.

Airport Exit

They kept on driving through the airport and exited. Seems like they have a testing route mapped out. They took the exit heading towards Clearwater which is where we went our separate ways.

I'd like to thank my passenger Sam for taking the pictures

Last edited by issabmw; 08-27-2011 at 10:20 PM..
Appreciate 0