View Single Post
      10-09-2019, 11:11 AM   #74
Evelyna42
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Good camera for car videos?

I've been into car photography for quite a while but now I want to get into making videos of cars, like walkthroughs, race footage, etc. My question is, what's a good camera for that?

I've done quite a bit of research and a lot of people seem to think that Sony cameras are the cream of the crop when it comes to video capabilities. I hear a lot of good things about the Panasonic GH5 too. Unfortunately, that camera is way out of my price range, as are most Sony cameras.

I've also read a few articles about the Canon 80D (like this one: https://www.photographytalk.com/canon-eos-80d-review). I know it's a bit older and it's a DSLR instead of a mirrorless, but the price is much better and I like that there are dozens of lenses that work with this particular camera. It shoots 4K too, so that's nice. And according to that article linked above it has a couple of autofocus systems for video that help keep a moving subject nice and sharp. That all sounds good, but I've never used a Canon camera for video before. Does anyone have experience with the 80D or a similar camera? Thanks!
Appreciate 0