04-20-2015, 12:06 PM   #30
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkeng View Post
many jewelry stores that sell new watches also sell preowned.

Tourneau is on the expensive side and they won't usually deal/discount.

timezone has many watches for sale (sales corner under $5k; TZ showcase over $5k), as already mentioned. seller may be reluctant to sell to a new member as there are many unbelievable scams that have happened to people, even with wire transfer payments. I'm a long time member there.
True that, and the business reasons why the won't "deal" with customers are sound, even though those reasons suck for the customer. If one's store managers aren't privy to the corporation's inventory financing methods and details, the company can't very well authorize him/her to discretionarily agree to lower prices. But if peace of mind is important, shopping at Tourneau will give you plenty of it. All their pre-owned watches are recently serviced and authenticity isn't a concern at all.

That said, there are other "brick and mortar" sellers of pre-owned watches that are equally reliable, but few have as many locations as Tourneau. Another nice thing about Tourneau is that if you see a watch on their website, they will have it sent to whatever store you find convenient, so you don't have to buy the watch sight unseen.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0