View Single Post
      06-21-2018, 12:02 PM   #7
taxjoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i & 2015 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by britelzg View Post
When I open the door with my key in the pocket, the seat will adjust to my preset position. But when my wife open the door with her key in the pocket, the seat doesn't adjust. It's the correct profile linked to the key. She can press memory seat button to recall the position. What's missing in the profile setup? Thanks.
I had this same problem with my 2016 X5 50i. I know that these will remember the last seat position. I wonder if when your wife's profile was active, you were in the driver's seat and adjusted it. That was one problem that happened to me. Also, I now have the active profile set to display on start up. I just like to see that, indeed, it is my profile when I am driving and my wife's profile when she is driving.

All I can say is stay with it. Keep trying different settings, review the owner's manual very carefully, be patient as you try new settings, and you will eventually learn the logic of this feature (which I really like a lot).

Incidentally, my wife's car is a 2015 Z4. This feature works perfectly in her car. We never had an issue with this feature in her car. Still can't understand why her Z4 works perfectly and my X5 does not. Maybe it is a built in Germany thing (oh, and her headlight auto hi-beam feature works perfectly as well, my X5 is a little slow going to and from hi-beams).
Appreciate 0