11-18-2021, 09:26 AM   #12135
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
So dude got the axe? I guess those people PMing him e-high5in him will have to go to r/thathappened to get their fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
This thread is the only thing stopping me from getting unmarried, what a tyre fire.
I think that causes a lot of people to stay in relationships they don't want to be in. That was really my point in responding to turkishpickle about the whole "worst things than dying alone." Not to be negative but to say that you shouldn't be afraid of just being ALONE.

I ended a relationship after 10 years and it was one of the best decisions I had made in years. I went into it planning to be alone for a while, I was prepared for it, knowing at least then I was free to do my own things for a bit.

I did a brief period of dating cold (aka meeting people I had no other relationship with) but quickly ended up getting setup because a few women with mutual friends were like "let me know if he is ever single." Its been kind of off and on (mostly on) since then and not because its really bad or anything but Im coming from a different mindset now knowing that just being a single guy for a while isn't actually bad.

I'm sure if I dealt with a long dry spell I might feel different. But if you have a good friend group, hobbies, etc you'll find you'll be too busy to be lonely because there are all of the things you were consciously (or even unconsciously) deferring for the sake of the relationship. And honestly I think that mindset impacted the opposite sex anyway, once I was basically down for anything and able to chill for a while girls in my circle all started coming out of the woodwork because of the new vibe I was putting out.
If you don't mind sharing, what made you end the decade long relationship?
Appreciate 0