View Single Post
      09-04-2020, 10:23 PM   #24
matty088
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Lol. Please. Enough with the weather. Bring some facts to the table. Your logic doesn’t apply to the stock market. It applies to the weather. It applies to many things actually. But the stock market it most certainly doesn’t apply to amd there are facts every where that support my assertion. It’s pretty common knowledge actually.

I’ll raise this point then I am spent unless you bring something more meaty to the table to discuss other than the weather. It’s very very common for stocks to beat earnings substantially. Then the stock goes down on the day of the report. Why is that. Bc the short term is gambling and based on far too many factors for anyone to have a handle on. Or how come great economic news can come out then the market sells off. The point here is that there are many more variables in the short term that are very subjective in nature and impossible for anyone, Joe Schmo or bill ackman, To profit from.

Here is another point. Professionals. As you call them generally manage sizable amounts of money which creates a diseconomies of scale due to liquidity. They can’t just get in and out of positions at the flick of a switch like you can. It could take days weeks months. So for real professionals the notion of the short term is literally off the table for mechanical reasons. And Nothing can change that.

Most professionals try to shy away from the short term. If you are speaking of day trading shops. You realize lots of those places are scams. They have you bring in your own money. Leverage you up. You participate on a small fraction of the upside but then on the hook for 100% of the downside. And in the meantime they profit from your trading flow.

Just bc I am typing quick and really don’t care about grammar don’t make assumptions
Appreciate 0