C2YT
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
This.

The company is acquiring another one for $5.4B and there is a hiring freeze? Doesn't sound like it is being run very well. They are trying to get you to do as much for your current pay for as long as possible.

I saw this with claims interns at my first job at an insurance company. They would get interns in and pay them basically minimum wage claiming they would get trained for a full-time position down the road. Each one was told that there weren't any positions open yet, meanwhile they were hiring/training new claims associates 20-25 at a time for 3 month periods.

Not saying this is exactly what is happening at your job, but I would start looking elsewhere. If you come back with an offer from another company a position at yours might "suddenly" open up.
Yes, been doing much more than waiting. Referring to post #9, I am not your typical Gen Z as I work for everything I have and always put forth the extra effort. Grew up in a blue collar family so I think that has really helped mold my work ethic. Also working on my Master's of Integrated Marketing Communications right now as well.

I will say, the experience I have gained is invaluable. I am paid pretty well for an intern, especially in my area. Throughout my time here I have been able to interact with the traditional marketing team, product management, program management, promotions, online training, instructor led training and more. I constantly ask for more responsibility and opportunities to learn the business.

Waiting on HR to finalize my offer so there is some good news.

Last edited by C2YT; 03-27-2019 at 09:33 AM..
Appreciate 2
2000cs3495.00