View Single Post
      09-15-2017, 09:29 AM   #142
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
If every smartphone that came after the first iPhone was an evolution of the smartphone, then the iPhone was an evolution of the smartphone that came before it. Can't have it both ways...
It was revolutionary because it was a huge step forward compared to those things they used to call smartphones at the time. It made Apple the most valuable company in the world, everyone scrambled to catch up and it put those who were in denial like you out of business (literally for Palm, and pretty much for BB).

Nothing since then has been as revolutionary as that change in the market. Get it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
Why are you asking where "they" are? Didn't you just state that the smartphone evolved? That's like me asking you why you still aren't using the first iPhone. Since you brought up evolution, I'm assuming you understand how it works...

If I'm ignorant, you're delusional. Keep drinking that Kool-Aid, good sir.
The point of asking where they are now, is pointing out that even though Palm/BB/HP/Nokia may have had "Smartphones" before the iPhone came out, they were all garbage and not mainstream because of their quirkiness. Hence they didn't evolve, hence they stop making phones.

I'm not delusional, I'm just pointing out facts.

Edit: Adding some word definitions to help you understand better.

ev·o·lu·tion·ar·y
- relating to the gradual development of something

rev·o·lu·tion·ar·y
- involving or causing a complete or dramatic change

The iPhone revolutionized the smartphone.
Everything since has been incremental evolutionary improvements.

Last edited by tdott; 09-15-2017 at 09:48 AM..
Appreciate 0