11-10-2015, 05:45 AM   #8
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 sold, M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFX1942 View Post
For the record, I'm more into mechanical watches, however, I think the smart watch scene is pretty interesting to follow. I just can't fathom giving up wearing a watch I already own for a smartwatch that becomes obsolete. Once is like fine wine, the other like craft beer. Only one of them lasts for decades.
Wise word's that I won't try to touch.
My biggest concern with all these so called "smart" watches and fitness bracelet's is that you have an permament electromagnetic field, positioned on the worst location on your body ever.
Your wrist. Where all the blood vessels, vene's, nerve's are only hidden by a few mm of skin.
What I want to just carefully point out is, that an constant magnetic field, on one of the bodie's life-location's ( chinese medicine ) doe's have influence in one way or another on your body.
It has been also rumoured that electromagnetic radiation cause's cancer, for example mobile phone's.
So when it's rumoured you put in jeapardy your health, by using mobile phone's occassionally....what do you think then, can cause a "smart" watch beeing worn to the closest, on your body...in your body, 18h a day, every day?
See? Don't buy "smart" ...just be SMART!
Get yourself a nice mechanical time piece and don't get trapped by nothing but just hype. Because at the end, one day the hype will be over and you will be gonna held responsible for what you've done to your body, not them...you all alone...just you.

Last edited by vsix; 11-10-2015 at 05:58 AM..
Appreciate 1