Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
which Invictas are "Rolex Reps" ??

I don't recall seeing any....
Just to be politely pedantic, I have to say that there are no Invicta watches that are replicas of any Rolex.

• Replica watch: These watches are fakes. Their labeling purports to be that of a maker who had no role at all in the watches' fabrication.
  • Knockoff: These watches may look like another brand's watch, but the name on the dial corresponds to the name of the organization that actually fabricated the watch.
For the most part, replica watches violate trademark laws. I'm sure there may be a loophole or two somewhere that allows them to be sold under certain very specific conditions.

Knockoff products are a very different animal. They are all over the place and they are not limited to watches. For example, the very first trench coat was made by either Burberry. Today, even though the design of the original trench coat has some trademarked elements, there are literally hundreds of knockoffs of it. Some are high quality knockoffs and some are lower quality knockoffs.

Manufacturers' of all sorts vehemently defend their trademarks but by the same token, there are legal, economic, and practical case for why knockoffs are permitted to exist.

Which is the original and which is the knockoff?

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0