View Single Post
      08-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #37
M3Carbon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, AW/FRE

Tony - Thanks for responding to my post. I fully appreciate your detailed notes and subjective opinions. In this regard, I can see that you have many which may or may not be influenced by certain individual experiences. I am not identifying myself as a watch expert and I would presume you are not either. Rather, I am sure we are both watch enthusiasts with many years of experience with multiple brands. Opinions are like ......well, I'm sure you know the quote.

For clarity only, there is one thing I'd like to address and then I'm done with this thread:

Quote:
Tag isn't alone in being what I would call a "fun" watch. Many of the most heavily advertised brands fall into this category: Seiko, Citizen, Timex, Movado, Raymond Weil, Gucci, and scads others.
Of the 6 brands you mentioned, only and by a stretch, can Raymond Weil present a reasonable comparison against a Tag. Better suited candidates IMO would have been Oris, Longines, or Ball. The others that you mention, or similar "fashion watches" that fall under say the Fossil or Swatch umbrella, are laughable by comparison. I stand firm on this opinion because I have unfortunately owned several of these lesser brands through the years. Tag is simply a superior product.

That said, I am sure the OP appreciates the time (no pun intended) you have spent responding to his question. Along with other's input I am certain he will now make an informed purchase.

Instagram @m3carbon
Appreciate 0