04-29-2017, 11:47 PM   #4
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicdebris48059 View Post
Greetings fellow F30 enthusiasts! I am Fairly new here with few posts but have been doing plenty of research and reading throughout the forum. I was wondering if anyone has had any ill effects after long term mod use? Particularly the turbo. BMW warranties and expects our cars to last the way they designed them. Once we take them outside of the range they were originally designed it would seem that they could be in jeopardy of potential early failure. Free flow cats and catless down pipes create less back pressure and allow the turbo to spool up quicker along with creating less heat. Power modules and tunes turn up the boost and I would assume cause them to spin faster. I just purchased a 2014 335i M Sport 6MT a month ago, its got 37K on it and with 235K on my 2001 330i and 285K on my 1998 318i I would certainly like to get as many miles out of my F30. Is that even possible with a turbo motor!?.. I'm ready to mod the heck out of it but worry about the long term effects. Should I be!?... ... Thanks in advance!
For reliability I would get the catless downpipe, intercooler, chargepipe and generally avoid running an aggressive tune. Remove all the plastic shit on top of the engine to help lower temps a little bit and run 5w40 liqui moly for better heat management and protection
Appreciate 1