cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I was referring to a full gas grill. I have a charcoal grill that I can haul out from the shed and set up, but my previous attempts at using it have all been full-blown epic-fail-boats. I'm seriously inept at anything to do with cooking. I mean barely-able-to-prepare-pasta inept. Right? Boil water, insert pasta, watch for doneness. I can do that. But that is easy to test along the way. With stuff on a grill, not so much. I think it all comes down to my impatience. As much as I love BBQ'd and/or smoked meat, I just don't have the patience to prepare it.

Luckily, there is a pub/restaurant near us that does killer ribs. Best ribs ever. So we hit that place once a month or so just to satisfy the meat-eater urge. And then I hit up this thread to remind myself what I'm missing.
Charcoal is tough. Gas grills are a lot easier. My father bought a Weber years and years ago. We made fun of him because every time he grilled, he took out a loose leaf type binder that came with the grill which had specific cooking instructions and times for all different kinds of food. I'll be damned, that book hit the nail on the head. It would show say rib eye steaks - 1 1/2 inch, Med rare, direct high heat, how many minutes and to keep cover closed except to turn. The steaks were always cooked to perfection. No more guessing.

Although Weber doesn't issue the book anymore, there is a link online with cooking times and directions. It's not as detailed as it used to be, but is still a great tool. I have it saved on my phone and use it all the time.