View Single Post
      05-14-2019, 11:35 AM   #76
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Perhaps. Stick built in the lower markets in my city is still 80 per square foot. The minimum one could say in 80-250. Even in the upgraded with exotic wood cladding would only cost about 80. Accessories are another thing entirely so I'm leaving them out of the calculation.

I can only speak for my market.

Cheers, my friend-mk
Out of curiosity, because I'm fairly certain you have considered it, what does the $40/sqft get you? Some sort of exterior cladding, insulation and drywall, electrical and plumbing, HVAC - all that sort of stuff? Up here, HVAC is crazy. They are charging $130/hr and the materials are hugely expensive as well. And they are turning down work, there is so much of it - no idea why.

I presume no accessories in the house. But does it include flooring, any lighting, basic faucets, builder bathroom cabinets / shower, builder kitchen cabinets, some sort of furnace for heating, maybe A/C since its in the south.

If all that, I just don't know how you can do that at $40/sqft and make any money on top. Not that it matters, I'm just curious to see what you had all decided to include, and by default, exclude, and whether the exclusions are very clearly laid out in your contracts so that buyers don't take action against your new corp.
Appreciate 1