View Single Post
      05-10-2019, 08:45 PM   #26
chicagob5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Things been going good for me so far but hit a slight hitch.

Got a great job at a fantastic company that has flexibly to work from offices across the nation (looking at moving to phoenix from chicago next year) while making real good money, getting married in August, and traded in my E92 M3 for my 18' F80 ZCP. So far big year and this job would set us up pretty well to reach my goal of getting a Porsche GT car in the next few years after house and kids.

Well, the universe likes to play its sick jokes and this fantastic job ended up being something else under the guise of a title of a position that what I actually wanted. While the posting, money, and everything kinda seemed to point to a sr engineer position this is more like application support which im not into what so ever. Asked my manager to apply for the proper position since the company has a posting however I'm kinda getting the run around and dont think this is gonna go anywhere. Company does alot of lateral movement but the rule is having 1 yr in your current position before you can move internally. I'm asking for a exception due to the circumstances and I wanna keep working for the company.

Tough position since I'm basically feeling like I was tricked and now being almost forced out of doing what I love at a great company because I got stuck on this team and the manager doesnt want to let me pursue my real interest despite explaining the situation.

Waiting to hear whats gonna happen but I'm starting to apply for shit in case I have to get out.
Appreciate 0