06-06-2020, 06:36 AM   #986
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
For all of the non-blacks in this thread, please understand that most of our problems in the black community are brought about by our own actions. Don't let any black person tell you the color of their skin is holding them back (...or it's the reason why they deal with cops more often or can't maintain employment). This country is ripe with opportunity if a person puts in effort and makes good life decisions.

As I mentioned in the other thread.....I grew up in the "ghetto". We were one of a few white people that lived there. I never had issues. We viewed it as we were poor....just like everyone else. We didn't look at color......we seen it as we all had the same lot in life.

Some could help being there.....sone couldn't. Of course you had your bad element.......but that can be anywhere. If I was walking between a group of buildings and seen a deal going down or something gang related.....I just looked away.

Plus when you live there long enough....they "accept" you as part of the neighborhood and they are fine with you.

I guess we could have ended up the other way you see most poor white people live....in a very trashy trailer park. But those areas were just as bad if not worse as their was no structure about it like the neighborhood I did live in.

I made my choice....and was never bothered by it from anyone.

And I can say that if we had people from the outside come in....and someone had some issue with me because I was white......I had more black people that I lived around that would squash that real quick as if they were protecting their own!
unluky7528.00