Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I would never quit. I've been at this too long. I do feel the tension. I always have being that I'm a black cop who was born in the hood, escaped it and achieved relative success in life. There's a degree of danger present when racial tensions are high, and if you've never been in a mob, it is scary. If I had to put things on a scale, I would have to use the sliding format. Most days I'm good, but every now and then I just become mentally exhausted and want to leave patrol and do another job in the department where I don't have to deal with the world's idiots 10 hours a day (...actually 12+ now since we're on 12's with no days off until further notice).

I have quite a few friends that are cops and this is 100% them too. The mental exhaustion at times. Every time I see someone cop hating - I tell them "go do a ride along". If you heard the way these people speak to cops, how they go to the same houses every single week for the same BS and go through the same motions over and over with the same offenders - it would get to anyone.

How many people have you arrested that said I can breathe when you were holding them down? How many claim the handcuff are cutting off the blood in their wrists? Etc, Etc. I've never been a cop, but you'd have to become numb to it at some point especially in the big cities where it is a every single day occurrence.

Not making a single excuse for what happened at all. It was horrible. But when people say "he was telling them he could not breathe!" it's not as simple as that. It's like saying you should let every prisoner go if they claim they are innocent.

I'm sure parts of your job are super rewarding, but the negative press in some areas has to make it even harder to find enough officers which naturally leads to lowering the bar and that is never a good road for a super important job such as this. People say disband the cops - but they have no idea who all is living amongst them held back only by that thin blue line.

I feel for you guys - stay safe out there. Thank you for all you do out there!
You bring up a great point.

I've tried to explain to people that these criminals complain every single time. It's no excuse for complacency, but having been in the same situation multiple times, I can understand the position that cop was in.

In some ways I feel like those asking for less of a police presence should get exactly that. Rather than disband or defund, departments should just simply stop patrolling and responding to calls in the areas that don't want cops and send those resources elsewhere. Let those people fend for themselves and really get a dose of lawlessness.
Appreciate 2
JTB3927.00
Murf99314114.00