06-05-2020, 05:27 PM   #977
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I would never quit. I've been at this too long. I do feel the tension. I always have being that I'm a black cop who was born in the hood, escaped it and achieved relative success in life. There's a degree of danger present when racial tensions are high, and if you've never been in a mob, it is scary. If I had to put things on a scale, I would have to use the sliding format. Most days I'm good, but every now and then I just become mentally exhausted and want to leave patrol and do another job in the department where I don't have to deal with the world's idiots 10 hours a day (...actually 12+ now since we're on 12's with no days off until further notice).
Well I certainly appreciate what you're doing. I know you hear it a lot, but not enough during these times. I still don't know how you do it, but I'm assuming your upbringing gave you a different perspective on life and joining LE was a calling rather than a choice?

Either way, thanks for keeping us safe out there! Also, one more question since we have a dedicated thread for this lol. How do the majority of your colleagues (all races) view what is going on right now? And do you notice any bias from your black colleagues towards protecting the protestors?
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25061.00
Rmtt8211.00