05-17-2020, 01:24 PM   #972
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Thanks bro!

Nobody has filed a complaint against me at my current station, but I've had inmates file complaints when I worked the jails and people have complained occasionally when I was with my previous department. It comes with the territory.

With that said, I would file a complaint if you feel justified in doing so. Generally speaking, unless the collision is major (...and absent any impairment from drugs/alcohol or extreme negligence, e.g....running a red light) we usually allow the parties involved to deal with it on their own via communication between the insurance companies. The officer's assertion that your car was too low just seemed a tad misplaced, but whether or not it is worthy of a complaint is up to you Sir. Only you know how his attitude made you feel.
I was told by my first Staff Supt. when I was a very young officer and standing in his office getting my first complaint that if folks didn't complain then I wasn't doing my job. I got lots of complaints in my carrier, and was never found at fault. The nature of the beast really. And some folks just love to complain.

As for the comment about your car being too low, it could've been a passing remark or observation rather than an accusation or suggestion of "fault''. You can file a complaint like Sedan suggested if you feel his conduct was in question. Sometimes personal style might seem like it's wrong and may rub you the wrong way but it might not be unbecoming.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25059.50
vreihen1615242.50
F30lolz6798.50