Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
That's redundant.

I "wised-up" after the 3rd occasion when I heard shots and everyone dove under tables and stampeded for the doors. Thankfully, I don't have any "involuntary piercings." Hopefully you healed up okay.
Yeah....I had a guy that picked a fight with me the night before it happened over something stupid, and he happened to not be as skilled as he thought. I ended it quickly, but nothing excessive like stomping on his head or anything, and thought that was it.

The next night as I was coming out of the same place, he was waiting on me and shot me. Good thing he was a bad aim. He was on the ground and I was on the deck coming down, so the bullet entered my left hip just 2" below my waist. Knocked my leg out from under me and bruised my entire hip.

Doctors told me that there were so many nerves in that area, that if he tried to cut it out I could end up with a permanent limp. So I still have the slug in me. When I had an X-Ray about 1 month later....it had already developed scar tissue around it and the Dr. said it wasn't going anywhere.

I won't lie...it changes you. Up to that point, I thought I was superman as I had a pretty bad upbringing. My dad was a boxer, so he had me fighting pretty early.

After that, I toned it down a lot and started avoiding situations that could get me into trouble.
Damn man. That is intense. I'm glad you survived that situation. There's a really valid message buried within your story, and it is this: many people can't take an honest ass whooping these days, and winning a fight will likely result in the person who lost the fight coming back with a firearm the "level" things out. Being a proficient fighter has a 50/50 chance of exacerbating an altercation, so verbal diffusion is probably the best approach when possible (...and I acknowledge that it isn't always an option).
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00