Thread: investing
View Single Post
      01-28-2007, 10:00 AM   #15
DLJJ3399
Lack of charisma can be fatal...
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
This all really depends on how old you are, and if your inheritance is enough to retire on right now, or you want to put the money away for future retirement.

Most of all take your time and don’t make any rash decisions! Quote: “A fool and his money are soon departed.”

Ask your friends or a companion at work who is doing well with their investments to speak to one of their financial advisors for advise. You will need someone you can trust.

Take some of your inheritance and invest in stocks, mutual funds or bonds. The NYSE and Nasdaq are doing very well right now. You can also invest online with one of the brokerage firms. But please do your research first and educate yourself and don’t put all of your money in one investment. Diversify!

After you’ve made some sound decisions, invest in real estate, such as a home for yourself and possibly some type of rental property. If and when you buy, try to buy the least expensive house or apartment in a nice area. For rental property, try to buy in a moderate area that’s not overvalued, but is coming up in value. “Location, location, location.”

I hope this helps. Good luck with your newfound fortune.