View Single Post
      09-07-2022, 01:52 PM   #46
OG Shark
Rep
Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
I don’t see Checo at risk right now with the team harmony. Checo is the best #2 on the grid.

Marko is pushing Checo so he has to make such statements in the media. But I expect if Max continues to win, Checo will remain on the team.

Checo’s racecraft is good but for some odd reason he struggles with Sainz. Maybe it’s the Spain vs Mexico undercurrent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Agreed, I think to be fair everyone is being very critical of Checo and he's delivering exactly what he needs to deliver to Red Bull. They couldn't ask for more.
Checo is safe through '23 but he needs to up his pace a bit to keep going after that. He started out well this year but where Max has progressed with the car he doesn't seem to have gained near as much and the gap is getting wider again. He has done a good job in the 2nd seat - 2nd in points behind the defending world champion isn't too shabby - but whereas Max is starting to pull away in overall pace Checo seems to be still struggling with both Ferraris & now possibly the Mercs have caught him. And mistakes are starting to happen too. I agree I think Marko is sounding off right now to try to motivate Checo - but usually when he starts doing that the first signs of smoke start to show up.
Appreciate 1
NYG10726.50