BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
The current plan is to not start building for a few years, but I would like to cut a temporary driveway to the likely house location this year just to make moving around easy when the time comes.....
Check with your local or state road department. Around here, if you supply the culvert pipe, they will provide the labor to create your driveway entrance to their codes. Make a reasonable argument for a longer pipe and larger opening to prevent trucks from crushing your pipe during your home construction. One of the smart things I did just because it seemed logical. Young couple is starting a home on a lot they bought from our next-door neighbor and their culvert pipe and driveway opening is so small that it's already crushed and they haven't even finished the foundation!

We owned our lot for about 32-years before building, but it was right across the street from where we lived (and still own) so we used it (6-acres) as our private park all that time. Now we've been in the new house for over two-years and I can't imagine why we waited so long.

Well, other than not having the money, or time, or money to build!
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615143.50