View Single Post
      05-06-2021, 08:41 AM   #95
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I did my homework *before* making the offer.....
Good on ya. I guess you have that luxury in a lot of markets. I forget that Seattle is a microcosm of stupid people making stupid decisions with their stupid amounts of money. Vacant buildable land goes fast around here. We lost our property to a developer who swooped in and made an offer without even seeing the property! We went to look at it for the first time on a Saturday, thought about it on Sunday, and started working on the offer on Monday. Before we could send the offer on Monday the developer made an offer and had it accepted. Our agent was smart enough to advise us to put in a back-up offer and give her the authority to move the deal forward on a moments notice without needing our input. When the developer dropped out a week later, our offer was immediately put into effect. We did a but of due diligence during that week but so much of what we needed to do required input from the city and quotes from builders that it took the full 45 days. The city requires all regulatory inquiries in writing, a $300 fee, then 4 to 5 weeks to respond.

Try getting a contractor, arborist, architect, and excavation company out to a property in the middle of a COVID lockdown to put a plan together for the city to review in "4 to 5 weeks" all in 45 days.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615209.50