View Single Post
      12-22-2020, 09:08 AM   #6
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10CPROG View Post
What do we all think is a good investment watch?

Budget of £5-10k... Can be new or used?

I keep looking a Rolex Deep Sea Dwellers...

I've been out if the serious watch hobby for a long time. When every B celebrity was a watch brand ambassador the hobby jumped the shark for me. (kidding).

Good question.
The preowned watches. if buying at auction or jeweler or collector the sale value has usually been maximized.

The Deep Sea (James Cameron) is great looking great tactile extreme built. One issue is that it is thick (and of course still currently in production).

Will any Nomos watch have real values in 10, 20 or 30 years ?

Is there a watch flying under the radar now that in the future will be highly desirable ? I'd read watch guys talk about 1990's IWC Pilot watches{boring ( was there a certain movement that they should have, I don't know)} increasing in value. Any Gerald Genta designed watch may have a chance of enormous potential.

For discussion I think in the future. Yellow gold cases and enamel dials of any (particularly Swiss and German) brand. Movements with, incabloc, glucydur, swan neck regulator. Those will be almost prerequisites for value.

Watches with perlage/perlée and watches known to use real ruby bearings. There may be some cartiers (maybe even early Bvlgari) and other jewelers (used patek and Jaeger movements) these timepieces with incredible movements that the very knowledgeable are aware of could be the real gems over the next decade.

If I were to start researching a watch, not necessarily investment potential, but definite desirable, it would be an early IWC Portuguese. Porsche/IWC's have pretty much been grabbed up. I have a thing for IWC.

5-10k pounds and a good investment ? in new watches probably a diving steel submariner Rolex. What else ?

(3/4 way down page) Auction house's have invaluable info.
https://www.christies.com/features/C..._lang=en&lid=1.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00