View Single Post
      12-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #6
Hyper_545i
Private
Rep
Drives: 545i

I have had no issues with the battery or charging as you called it. And if you think BMW makes their batteries, your sadly mistaken. The battery I used is OEM spec. and was actually recommended to me by an SA at my local BMW Dealership. I called 3 dealerships inquiring about the battery replacement. Of the 3, only one stated there was some sort of programming needed. The other two said it was not necessary. Who am I to believe? Also, the fact that it says interstate rather than BMW means nothing. Lots of folks use aftermarket batteries and have not had any issues. No errors or draining. And the car is not a daily driver, so it spends a lot of time in the garage. No problems starting or charging.

I do agree with your statement about the car running while the battery being replaced was stupid. If you read my original post, you would see that I did not know this was happening until after the fact. I DO NOT CONDONE THIS ACTION AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The place that replaced my battery is not Humburto's Tire Shop and Lube. Not quite sure what that means. Unless it was your failed attempt to be funny or worse, a racist. But I will leave that alone.

I can see you have a passion for BMW. As do most of us. But you really need to tone down your post a bit. You seem very angry. It's good to see you living up to your name thread killer. Becuase you certainly killed this thread! Thank you.

To everyone else, all I was trying to do was post my experience and maybe help with a battery part number, as it took me forever to get this info. on my own. That is the point of a Forum with enthusiasts is to help one another out. If any of my information is incorrect or milseading, I do apologize. I was just posting my experience.

Happy Holidays to All!
Appreciate 0