View Single Post
      12-18-2008, 10:14 PM   #5
thread killer
Banned
Rep
Drives: faster then your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacioa View Post
Can you explain the steps necessary to change the battery. Dealer wants 320+ Labor. Were there any error messages on I Drive, or radio security codes...?
Any info would be appreciated. --Thanks

you have to replace the battery, register it with the GT-1 and make sure it accepts the battery correctly in the modules. if not it will not charge it correctly. there's a reason you pay that much @ the dealer for this.

and to compare an AGM battery from the dealer to an interstate battery is retarded. they ARE NOT the same battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_545i View Post
I had a local tire shop install it for me. It took 15 minutes at most. No issues at all. They actually left the car running, disconnected the old battery and hooked up the new one while the car was running. Nothing need to be re-programmed. No Active Steering Errors, kept my seat and radio settings etc. THIS IS NOT A RECOMMENDED PRACTICE. You need to be very careful as one spark during this process could cause a short in your electrical system. I found about this after the fact. But no harm was done, so I was happy. The dealerships charge way too much for the install. I was quoted $116 dollars just to install the battery. I bought the battery and had it installed for under $200 dollars. OEM Fit and quality. Be sure they re-connect the vent tube for the battery once installed.
you're very lucky humburto's tire shop and lube didnt fry any modules doing such a stupid repair as that. the car should NEVER be allowed to run w/o the battery. its not a freakin chevy for christ's sake.

seat and radio wouldnt have been lost anyways. you still need to register the battery with the car, or you will continue to have battery issues. you might also have a parasidic drain killing the battery.

pay a little now, or pay a lot later. your choice.
Appreciate 0