Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Don't buy a house. You never really own anything. You'll pay taxes and all the money that you want to spend on your car you'll end up spending on your house. Unless you pay cash for your home, renting/leasing is not as bad as our society wants you to believe it is. You can rent a condo with a garage attached to work on your car and not be liable for all the little extra expenditures that come along with home ownership. I paid cash for my house 4 years ago and honestly wish that I hadn't I have no time for anything. In the spring it's landscaping, then mowing twice a week along with weed-eating, pruning, hedging, etc. In the fall/winter it's cleaning up leaves. Not to mention all the small little home repairs such as replacing light fixtures, water leaks, appliance failures/replacement. What I'm saving in rent/lease payments I'm paying for in repairs/up-keep. Owning a home and keeping it maintained is a full-time job in itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
WHAT???

You mean you would leave us? Don't you dare. The various forum members that I like to banter with are the only reason I'm still around, because I certainly don't own a BMW anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Not at all. I plan to ditch my E93 next year and I will still be a part of the fam here. This place has become an integral part of my day. The banter here with some of the forum members is far more enjoyable than the dialogue with the people I spend my day with.
same! I don't really "own and drive" a BMW except for maybe 4 months in a year tops, but im here daily...

I used to frequent tech forums but people there are SOOOOOOO petty it's insane, you can tell these people rarely amounted to anything other than having the newest cpu or the most amount of graphics cards... pretty annoying/disgusting group of people tbh.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00