vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
And once a year they pull out the little handheld bodyfat monitor. This year it occurred 2 weeks out from my vacation that I had been dieting for. It listed me at slightly over 15%. I laughed about it as I've told her for years it was a bogus piece of equipment, and that I could manipulate the numbers with just water consumption.
Ours took it one step further, and borrowed a few nurses and a portable blood test machine from a regional hospital. Having walked into the door at work fasting after just having my bi-weekly lab sample drawn a few blocks away, I went straight to the blood tester to see how accurate it was against the actual lab tests. It was close enough for a quick test, although the Triglycerides were nowhere near each other.

Before I let the nurse do any tests, I made her promise to not call an ambulance in a panic when she saw my numbers. From a visual examination, the medical industry would think that my arteries should be clogged solid and my blood pressure should be through the roof. My plumbing is 100% clean, and disappointed my cardiologists when they sent me to the cath lab to check for buildup. As for my blood pressure, my primary care physician sees 90/65 and says that it is the best that I can do with what's left of my ticker. On the scoreboard at work, I had the second-lowest blood pressure of everyone checked, and topped the board with an LDL of 58. On paper, I'm perfectly healthy!

In reality, I was walking around from 2016-18 with a 15-pound albatross of an IV infusion pump running 24/7 with heart medicine around my neck, and bounce between Class III and IV heart failure with a diagnosis of needing a transplant.

I had an interesting food/diet revelation that I bounced off of my endocrinologist a while back. The food pyramid that is published by the government wasn't put together by nutritionists, but rather by lobbyists from the various farm groups. If I ate their recommendations, I'd be dead.

Back to pet peeves, vegetarians and vegans are high on my list. Every one of them that I know is always missing days of work sick, and usually with mysterious illnesses. I also get a chuckle of the hoards of vegetarians/vegans swarming to the nearby no-spray apple orchards here at this time of the year. I guess that worms are not meat in their minds.....
MKSixer34184.50
arkie6397.00