09-07-2019, 01:40 AM   #32
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
My biggest pet peeve: people with bad health habits such as eating garbage, smoking, drugs, etc.

Every day I deal with patients who are dumb as rocks. I know they'll be back in the hospital with their poor lifestyle choices. In the modern internet age there's no excuse to not spend 5 minutes doing a Google search on how to eat healthier. You can run outside for free. Stop wasting money on cigarettes and get your shit together. Unfortunately people have just gotten dumber since the internet was created.

Then you have the enablers. The leftists who keep claiming all these people are victims, and the right wingers who claim limiting access to bad foods/habits is anti-freedom. Americans get what they deserve.
Yep! Me and my Dr discuss this all the time. Even up to two generations ago, people could get away with a lot of bad habits, but these were people who spent most of their time outside doing hard work and constantly moving.

Most of them were brought up not knowing the dangers of some types of food. The best you would get from them was it's a vegetable....even if it was fried when cooking.

My personal Dr has somehow got involved with my whole family, but I was the 2nd patient he ever had when he began practicing. But he actually"dropped" my dad as a patient because my dad wouldn't do what he was told. He has a myriad of self-induced health issues....and most all could be fixed or greatly reduce the impact of his health if he would change his lifestyle.

But after years of things getting worse and him basically making excuses or lying about it, my Dr cut him loose.

And I can't say I blame him.