View Single Post
      02-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #33
noire07
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited_slip View Post
That is my point exactly and the kid got all defensive. when you PCS or ETS you at least get a AAM (at a minimum) unless you are a dirt bag

The cadet was prior service and apparently was an E-5 prior to ROTC. He spent 4 years in the army and he has no awards whatsoever beside the FREEBIE/AUTOMATIC awards that were given.

Fine...he has no awards. no big deal. However, what I am upset about is that this fork kid or whatever his name is thinks that he is "all bad ass" and "all trying to hunt terrorist and be a superhero."

He thinks he is rambo. his has an ego and he needs some serious reality check and some personal self assessment/reflection.
In the Reserves its slightly different. Almost all award recommendations get shot down, and only a few will actually get the awards that they were put in for. So there is a possibility that a decent soldier could go 4-5 years without receiving any type of award. Plus the only opportunity a reservist has to be recommended for an award is annual training. During my initial deployment in 2004, only half of the company got AAMs and ARCOMs, the other half only got a certificate of achievement (and those who didn't deserve anything got nothing). A worthless piece of paper for a year in convoying through the sunni triangle.

Regardless of component, branch, or enlisted/officer, theres always going to be those captain america types and its just best to just ignore their egos.
2007 328xi E90..Jet Black..Black Dakota Leather..Premium.Sport.CW..19" Staggered Gunmetal VMR v710..Blk Grills..Blacklines..LED Interior lights..OEM Spoiler..RR CDV..OEM Strut Bar..UUC SwayBarbarian Swaybars..H&R Coilovers..330i SSK..3 Stage Intake Manifold..BMW Performance Intake + Exhaust + Steering Wheel..PBX..V1 Hardwire..GPS Hardwire..Rear Power Outlets[Robot Happy Face]..Rear Fogs..OEM Alarm..Alpine PDX-5..Earthquake SWS 8" Subs..MB Quart RVF210[Fr+Rr]..iPod Adapter..35% Tint..
Appreciate 0