04-02-2016, 10:20 PM   #1
bris_m3
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 xDrive

Need a faster ship for my M3

Story of my own personal fun/torture.

Have been tracking the new addition to the family and hopefully into the last month of its long journey to its new home. Placed the purchase at the end of Jan and had a few false starts, which is another story. Told that it would be a March build/May delivery.

So once I had the VIN from the dealer I was able to track where she was in the world. First step was finding out which ship she was on, and was pleasantly surprised to see that it must have been a very early March build since it was loaded onto the ship on the 10th March.

Then the long wait started. Nearly 50 days to arrive at my home port with an ETA of 22nd April.

So at the moment she has just left point 6, which is Durban, South Africa. Still a long way to get to point 11. Sigh.

Here is the ship now, just leaving Durban.

Its great to be able to track all this but there is a hint of torture that goes with it. Hurry up ship, why only 16knots?

At least I have the knowledge that it arrives in Brisbane this month. Then another 10 days or so before I can pick her up at the dealership.
Appreciate 0