View Single Post
      04-05-2017, 07:51 AM   #1
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

Bleh - venting on my first nice watch

Hi all,

Bought a 1991 Tudor Sub 79090 Blue from a very reputable online dealer with a 1 year warranty on it. Great condition - super happy with the watch itself, bracelet, etc.

When I received it, it was functioning correctly and felt fully wound (they had shipped it out less than 24 hours before; it's moving in shipping, etc.). It met immediate resistance trying to wind it and felt like the winding clutch mechanism preventing it from winding.

So whatever, I wear it alot and it continues to feel this way while functioning flawlessly. I don't sweat it.

So then I take it off one day and the power reserve lasts less than 14 hours. Then when I go to wind it, it's not winding and feels just off. Too much resistance, or it feels inconsistent. But I did get it positioned right at least one time and it winds beautifully.

So ok, now I'm going to send it back.

I get it ready to send back and go to wind it one last time before I send it...and the damn crown won't screw back in. Watch still functions, can still move into date-set/time-set mode, but won't wind or screw back in.

Ugh, anyway, ultimately minor issues on a beautiful 26 year old watch. But frustrating.