View Single Post
      02-10-2015, 12:56 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb Credit Card Discussion 2015: Best Reward, 0 Intro APR, Balance Transfers

So recently (January in fact) my wife and I were already in the process of either paying off (not closing) our credit cards and or evaluating which ones to keep. Obviously when it comes to credit cards, there are a plethora of options! With children, we find ourselves making even more purchases at various stores or online than say a couple would. Also before anyone chimes in about "I only use cash", well that is all fine and dandy. But we all know that "Credit History" is even more important than cash, unless you have an endless supply of it. Particularly Good and Great Credit! That being said, we chose 2 new cards to add to our account. Based on my research on bank and credit card forums and comparing rates, fees, intro and regular APR and especially Rewards, I chose the Citi® Double Cash Card and the Amex EveryDay℠ . Both boast an industry leading Reward program and very attractive 0% APR for 15 Months. Also I don't want a card milking me for a 'Annual Membership Fee' when I charge tons regularly! Neither of these cards have Annual Fees. So not only does it benefit to transfer a card(s) balance with a current interest rate balance, it also allows you to further improve your Credit Score by paying off those balances. Of course you must be careful NOT to exceed the magic 50% credit limit on your new cards. Which I don't. Generally you want the limits on the new cards to be high or decently higher than your old cards.
But what truly sets these 2 cards apart are the Reward Programs: With the AMEX Everyday, it not only earns 2x points on Groceries (which we grocery shop tons!) but once you use it 20 times in a billing period, you get 20% more points on ALL purchases. And 10,000 bonus points after you make $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 3 months. Plus this specific Amex gives you the option to carry a balance if you choose. And all the other great perks Amex is known for: Entertainment Access, Travel Discount and more.
The new Citi Double Cash card is just awesome! We earn 1% on purchases and 1% as we pay those purchases in full or over time. No category restrictions at all earning points. Citi Price Rewind will refund you the difference up to 60 days if the price drops. And more perks than I care to list here. So for all of you savvy shoppers who want the most 'bang for your credit card bucks' these are my Top 2 cards.
Feel free to share in the discussion and your preferred go-to cards.