View Single Post
      05-24-2019, 03:46 PM   #4
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Last time I was in London, two years ago in September, we stayed at the Park Grand near Paddington. I recall it was quaint, kind of old London, and had air but I don’t recall if it was really hot for that visit.

I’ve stayed at the Hilton by Hyde Park previously for business. Very much what you would expect from a Hilton these days - a bit long in the tooth but very adequate and with American amenities (catering to American tourists).

My favorite stay in London was very expensive so may not be what you’re after, but it was memorable. The Duke’s in Mayfair, complete with butler! That was many years ago so of course may have changed.

If you’re planning to take tours you might stay near their pick-up points, we’ve done a tour out to Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, and the other way down to Leeds. In the city I highly recommend Churchill’s War Rooms.

London is a big city, pretty easy to get around with cabs and other transportation (the Hop On Hop Off tour is good for orientation), so you really can stay near what you think you’ll enjoy most. Walking near Buckingham Palace and the political sites? Over where the new stuff is (Canary Wharf), Piccadilly? Almost endless choices.
Appreciate 0