View Single Post
      03-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #23
T-MC-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoGoGoGo View Post
LMAO - wow. Maybe he has Asperger's? Never worked in a restaurant, but I think that's very weird, not to mention bad etiquette.

If you don't want to actually call him on it...next time he asks where you're going, say you're not sure and then just all leave without him. Do this a few times and he'll get the hint....unless he has Asperger's, haha.
Wow, I just googled Asperger's and read all about it. I don't think this kid has it but I think I know some people who may...haha, I'll tell him to order his "ass-a-burger"...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy330xi View Post
That's funny. He is geting the best of both worlds, eating out and eating for free. LOL. I wouldn't walk into a restaurant with my own lunch, that is just plain wrong, he probabbly don't even understand that, and if he can't understand what a simple concept like that is... then he probabbly won't understand other things and that's what you need to think about. This kid can get you in trouble maybe at work and not even realize what he is doing since he has a different perception. just my opinion. I have dealt with people like that and it only gets worse from there. Good luck.
Good point, he is a little socially dis-articulated

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocdmg View Post
Well it depends is this guy doing it because he is cheap???? I mean I am the new guy and I chose to bring my own lunch only because I am on a diet. I still chat and talk sometimes I go but just dont eat. Hmmm maybe its a virginia thing cuz ive seen it a few times here and I am in Mclean
Yes he is being cheap, no doubt about it. It's almost as if he feels better than us because he doesn't spend money on lunch...like he read some article on the homepage of yahoo.com about "10 ways to save money everyday" and he cut out starbucks and going out to lunch, and now he thinks he is going to retire a millionaire at 40 because of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
I could see if he wanted to go every once in a while, even not eat just try and get familiar with all of you. But bring his brown bag lunch with yall? Wow. I wouldn't knock him though if he was just wanting to go along.

Actually reminds me of a friend growing up. No matter where we ate with his family (large family) he brought mcdonalds. One of the pickiest eaters ever.
I wouldn't knock him if he just wanted to tag along, but he insists on bringing his lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I would slip the waitress/waiter a $5 and ask them to tell him that outside food is not permitted. After a few places do that he will probably stop coming or just start buying food.

haha, def. going to have to try this. I was talking with the other guys, we all might order him some expensive dish when he isn't at the table and then he'll freak out when the server brings it...

"tell me what you don't like about yourself..."
Appreciate 0