View Single Post
      06-02-2015, 10:28 PM   #8
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I'm a fan of the Hikvisions also. I'm actually in process of swapping out my old system with all Hikvisions. My old system (which I'm still running) consists of six 720p cameras.

I bought a DS-2CD2032-I and a DS-2CD2132F-IS, just to see if I'd like them. So far so good. I tried Milestone XProtect, then the Hikvision iVMS software and now Sighthound. I'll keep testing them all until the trial periods end, and then make a decision.

The video quality of the Hikvisions is miles above my 720p cameras. It's been a fun project so far, and quite addictive!
That's great. So I don't have to sell you on how good the image quality is on the Hikvision cameras. After seeing what a good quality IP camera can do, I'm just amazed why people are still settling with grainy, washed out, blurry images with their security camera setups. After all, the main reason to get a security camera is to capture evidence information in hopes to get a positive ID on any criminal invading your property.

I've hit a brick wall right now as I want to add one more camera to my system. I would like to get a PTZ but I'm not happy with the size of the PTZs I've been considering. I don't want this big dome extending from the corner of my house if I can help it. I've been consulting with the guys at Wrightwood and they've said Hikvision doesn't really have a good PTZ at a sub $1000 range. He says the Dahua SD59230S is the best performing camera at a decent price. If I go with the Dahua, I would have to get a second NVR to capture video on this camera as I can't use my existing Hikvision NVR with the Dahua. Decisions...decisions.
Appreciate 0