View Single Post
      06-11-2019, 02:03 PM   #16
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLABRO View Post
After living somewhere in the south or midwest, it's hard to adjust to the cost of living in a place like California. Their housing market is 109.2% ABOVE the national average (and Oklahoma's housing market is 24.8% BELOW the national average). And that's just for housing. Then when you factor in the higher cost of gas, utilities, time spent in traffic and driving, smog/air quality, etc; all of those things outweigh the good, IMO.
Interesting...so what kinda prices are we talking for a comparable house in CA vs OK? Spent a minute or two on Zillow and noticed that a lot of the more $$$ homes in Tulsa seem to be newly renovated "flip" homes that are ultra modern inside and out, but located within neighborhoods where the rest of the homes are easily ~40 years old..?? Given your profession though, you likely live like a king out there regardless

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbeenfunmike View Post
The traffic is bad the closer to the city you are but that's only during rush hours (morning and night).
Spent a week in SD in mid-April and coming from DC/Baltimore traffic, I was astounded at how quiet the city was around rush hour...so much so that I asked peeps if there was some type of federal holiday I didn't know about given how empty the roads were in the middle of the city at ~5 PM on a weekday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
We're planning to return to SD for a week at the beginning of October but not sure where to stay. Air BNB at La Jolla or an Appartement near Gaslamp Quarter… What would y'all prefer?
Spent a week at an AirBNB in Pacific Beach a couple months back. It was a newly renovated 2 bedroom bungalow just a few blocks away from the beach, bars, etc. ~15 min drive into downtown SD as well. Had an attached garage which was fully stocked with beach chairs, surfboards, and bikes that were free to use. The place was really amazing and very reasonably priced.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll send u the link.
Appreciate 0