View Single Post
      02-13-2022, 08:36 PM   #530
buldogge
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '00 MCoupe, '11 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
anyone else with an ooni having problems getting the heat up? no matter what I do, I can't get stone temp over 500 degrees. Wood was burning to fast, I'd have to stand there and force feed wood and still only 450-500 degrees (I played with the flue, nothing I did made a difference... even changed to the propane burner, and can run it for 40 minutes and barely hits 500

other issues I have is getting the dough to slide off the peel, and because the stone isn't hot enough, the dough isn't crisping fast enough and the top is fully cooked, but the bottom is soft and "bendy"
Which model Ooni? I Have the Ooni Pro 16 and have no issues getting the deck TOO hot.

Are you using the full door while pre-heating? You really need the oven closed to get the heat up.

What type of wood? You are going to need to use decent hardwood...Oak, Hickory, Ash, etc...Softwoods just aren't going to get it done effectively.

It takes a bit of practice and care to both get decent deck temps AND get a good rolling flame to properly cook the top of the pies.

I usually get the temps up, deck hot, and then feed a fresh log/block just before launching.

-Mark in St. Louis
Appreciate 0