pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
This kind of stuff has to be kept in check. Even if he did work 21 hours a day, there is no way he was even half as effective at doing his job, therefore putting his colleagues and the general populace at risk. Isn't this the same reason employers of big rig drivers limit them to a certain amount of hours driving per day? Complete contradiction in terms.

Complete irresponsibility.

Typical Californian 'gaming the system mindset'.

Never in my life have I seen so many arrogant, useless people as I do in this state. From public employees to private citizens, the attitude is unbelievable.

On my drive home, on a daily basis I see people running red lights 3-5 seconds after they turned red. I've lived in a lot of places, but never a state as shitty as CA.
And the more oppressive, complex, and unfair the system, the more natural and accepted it becomes to game it. It's just human nature.

My impression of CA, from having spent several years there in the military, was that it was one big "Gimme! Gimme!" self-serving scam-fest. Not much sense of community anywhere. No sense of authentic altruism. People just wanted to make a bunch of money, by whatever means available.