03-27-2019, 09:51 AM   #39
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2YT View Post
Yes, been doing much more than waiting. Referring to post #9, I am not your typical Gen Z as I work for everything I have and always put forth the extra effort. Grew up in a blue collar family so I think that has really helped mold my work ethic. Also working on my Master's of Integrated Marketing Communications right now as well.

I will say, the experience I have gained is invaluable. I am paid pretty well for an intern, especially in my area. Throughout my time here I have been able to interact with the traditional marketing team, product management, program management, promotions, online training, instructor led training and more. I constantly ask for more responsibility and opportunities to learn the business.

Waiting on HR to finalize my offer so there is some good news.
Once the acquisition closes, there will be an inevitable consolidation of functions and some major G&A cost reductions. That may be part of the reason for cost containment now - avoid expanding costs that must later be cut. Typically, great opportunities arise for some in these situations, but re-locations, re-assignments or lost positions affect many others. Being young and having your stated work ethic should work strongly in your favor, as older, more experience (and expensive) workers are typical casualties.
C2YT68.00