03-10-2015, 06:10 PM   #62
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Damn 6yrs? Glad you you overcame that!
Yeah, man. A little ashamed to admit that, but I was definitely in love with that woman, so when she left it was hard to move on because all of my plans included her by my side. A lot of time and family and partnership was invested in that relationship. But no money. Never gave up money for a woman. I will buy my lady nice things, I will take her out and show her a good time, but I would not give a woman money. Like my man Raekwon from the Wu said "she can have anything in this world except cream".

Don't get me wrong, though. Even though it took years to finally put her in the past where she belongs, I took advantage of the "single now" situation, as I tend to do with most situations if given the opportunity. After three months of trying to win my ex back with no success, I started dating. Because I decided not to take any one woman too seriously because of my recent disappointment, I dated a lot of attractive women over the course of years. Nothing too crazy, just adults enjoying each others' company whenever we got together.

I wouldn't lie to these women I was dating. Any time any one woman wanted to take things to the next level, I would simply let them know my prospective on commited relationships, and let them make the decision to either hang around and continue to have fun with me, or leave because I couldn't give them what they wanted. I have to admit that some left more gracefully than others.

That went on basically for the past 8 years. Recently, I met an amazing woman a few months ago, and this is the first time in almost a decade that I can see a woman in my plans past one weekend at a time... so I might have to bump the "You and your significant other thread" at some point, lol.

To the OP Squishy, stay strong and focus on reguilding YOU if you feel like there is emptiness now that your relationship is over. It is true that time heals wounds, and we all heal at a different rate. Go out and enjoy the changing season, and enjoy the things you like to do in general.

I can promise you that things WILL get better over time. Impatience is the curse of youth, but wisdom comes with experience and age. Be patient my friend.