View Single Post
      12-12-2021, 01:03 PM   #37
PYE46M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
It's just another way to help not scratch your car. 2 bucket is obviously they key. Definitely doesn't hurt to soak it down with the cannon first to remove any loose debris before you put the sponge to it. I also use it for the lubricator for when I clay bar. Works perfectly!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno 9000 View Post
I have to disagree, the pressure washer is just right when the weather is at its worst and the car is really dirty. Using a pressure washer to remove the worst of the dirt, along with any grit from the surface, means when you go in with a sponge or wash mitt to do the contact wash you are not scrubbing grit particles over the surface of your vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by br2wdc View Post
Also, the information you received on Foam Cannon makes no sense because the whole point of washing the car yourself is to avoid swirls and scratches from an automatic car washes. The Foam Cannon provides that extra layer of protection to prevent that issue.
I have to disagree. Unless you are going off-roading and need to blast huge chunks of mud off your surface then I don't see how a pressure washer comes in handy for a street driven cars that are washed 2x a month and maintained with wax. In my experience, foam cannons hardly add any benefit over a pre-rinse with plain water. They certainly do not loosen up tree sap, bird poop or dirty water spots splashed onto the surfaces by the wheels. At the end of the day, a sponge is needed to mechanically wipe these types of contaminants off and this is where your existing layer of wax and quality soap will provide most of the protection. Also a nice layer of wax on the wheels allows most of the loosely attached brake dust to wash right off with a pre-rinse. Stubborn brake dust will still require a wash mitt. If you really insist on having a foam cannon, there are good ones out there that attach to a garden hose and provide a decent layer of foam, provided you have high enough flow to begin with.
Appreciate 0